Imagine that one fine morning, you find a stain on your favourite lounge suite and the stain doesn’t go away even after the wash. Where does the stain come from? It’s normal to deal with stains on couches especially when you have young kids at home. They eat, sleep, jump and even put tomato sauce on the sofa sometimes. This makes the cleaning task tougher than normal days. You may need the help of professional lounge suites cleaner. They will use chemical products to remove the stain but it can be harsh on the fabric of the sofa thus making it look dull and shabby.
Don’t worry, we are here to guide you about cleaning a lounge suite with no chemicals and no extra cost. However, the fabric of the lounge and stains will decide what products you should use.
Cleaning tips for leather Lounge suites
The durable leather couches will last longer and look brand new with the right cleaning tips.
- A gentle soap- a warm soapy solution is good for the daily cleaning of the sofa. Make a soapy mix in the bucket and dip a soft cloth. Use the cloth to wipe the couch. Let it dry and then using a dry cloth soak the extra moisture on the fabric.
- A leather conditioner- you must use a conditioner for the leather fabric lounge suites to maintain its good look. If you don’t get one at the store then make it at home. Mix white vinegar (1 part) adds olive oil or linseed oil (2 parts) to make the conditioner. Use the mix to clean the lounge and wait for ten minutes. Then use a microfiber cloth to wipe off the mix.
- Mild toothpaste- toothpaste not only removes stains from your teeth but also the lounge suites. Mild toothpaste is good for cleaning. Apply it directly on the mark and immediately wipe off. It is especially good if you accidentally spill ink on the couch as it is a good ink remover.
Note: never use baby wipes or vinegar directly on the sofa fabric as it will cause cracks on the leather.
Cleaning tips for microfiber lounge suites
However, these are stain-resistant but they do get dirty and thus require cleaning.
- Steam or soap solution-you can either use steam or clean the sofa using soapy water.
- Baby wipes- you may not use wipes for leather couches but it is good for cleaning microfiber suites.
- Soda- sprinkle bicarbonate of soda onto the lounge suite and leave it for a while. Then use a vacuum to clean follow by dry brushing. It will freshen up the suite and clean as well.
Cleaning tips for suede lounge suites
Kids and suede couch at home, a complete nightmare for mothers. Our cleaning tips will make it less difficult for you. A dry brush is good for regular cleaning. However, don’t use water as the fabric will shrink. Also, if you are using a steam cleaner then be careful, actually very careful as you can make it too wet to clean.
Follow these simple tips to refresh the lounge suites look without using any harsh chemicals.